Advice From The Best DUI Lawyer in West Palm Beach
When you’re charged with DUI, it can be a real game-changer. Suddenly the reality hits you that you have put yourself and others in a dangerous life and death situation. We all know that a DUI can be a life-changing charge that can follow you around for the rest of your life. But, at the Law Office of Patrick McKamey, we are here to tell you that you do have options. The smart way to avoid a DUI is obviously to not get behind the wheel after you’ve been drinking. But if you do find yourself in this unfortunate situation, the best thing to do is to act calmly when the police officer approaches your car. You should also make sure you:
- Keep your wits about you and act respectfully to the officer
- Don’t volunteer too much information
- Do not take a field sobriety test if you feel at all intoxicated
- Do not volunteer for a breathalyzer if you have had anything to drink
- Have all your paperwork ready for the officer, such as license and registration
- Lastly, If you are arrested, don’t panic, the legal team at the Law Office of Patrick McKamey is always here to help!
What can a DUI lawyer in West Palm Beach do for me?
At the Law Office of Patrick R. McKamey, P.A., we believe that our clients deserve the best possible defense. We can help you fight a DUI Charge, working to defend your best interests. Suspended licenses, criminal charges, and having a record are all stressful scenarios that individuals face when dealing with a DUI. But at the Law Office of Patrick R. McKamey, P.A., we’re here to help you. Our expert criminal defense team in West Palm Beach understands that DUIs can happen to people from all walks of life. But, there are some ways to fight the DUI charges, both in and out of court. An experienced DUI lawyer may defend you by:
- Challenging the arresting officer’s administration of your field sobriety test
- Challenging your blood alcohol content at the time of the arrest
- Questioning the officer’s initial reasoning for pulling you over
- Challenging the handling of your bloodwork or breathalyzer
- Taking a plea deal that may eliminate the case entirely
- Fighting for your rights in front of a jury
Having a DUI on your record is like wearing a big red X across your chest. A DUI can affect you in every aspect of your life from getting a job to buying a home to dating. It may even change your relationships with friends and family. At the Law Office of Patrick R. McKamey, P.A., we can use the above techniques to prepare your best defense. The best thing to do is not panic and trust that you have chosen the best legal team to help you beat your DUI charge. Our attorneys are here to defend you and rest assured, always have your best interests at heart. Our DUI lawyers in West Palm Beach will work tirelessly to defend you. Call (561) 370-7424 today for a free consultation and to learn how we can help.