How to Fight a DUI, Tips from a Criminal Defense Lawyer in West Palm Beach
Did you know that our county handed out over 1,900 DUI charges in 2015 alone? At The Law Office of Patrick R. McKamey, P.A., we know that a DUI can be a life-changing charge that can follow you like a dark cloud. But, you don’t have to let this happen. Our attorneys are here to offer the best defense. When you’re facing a DUI, you need the best criminal defense lawyer in West Palm Beach. We’re here to help.
What can a criminal defense law firm in West Palm Beach do for me?
At The Law Office of Patrick R. McKamey, P.A., we believe that our clients deserve the best assistance for their cases. We can help you fight a DUI Charge in West Palm Beach, working to defend your best interests. Suspended licenses, charges and records are all stressful possibilities many individuals face when they’re dealing with a DUI. But at The Law Office of Patrick R. McKamey, P.A., we’re here to help you.
Our criminal defense law firm in West Palm Beach understands that DUIs can happen to people from all walks of life. But, there are ways to fight the DUI charges, both in and out of court. An experienced attorney may be able to help by:
- Challenging the arresting officer’s administration of your field sobriety test
- Challenging your blood alcohol content at the time of arrest
- Questioning the officer’s initial reasoning for pulling you over
- Challenging the handling of your bloodwork or breathalyzer
- Taking a plea deal that may eliminate the case entirely
- Fighting for your rights in front of a jury
Nobody wants a DUI on their record, and our attorneys understand this. At The Law Office of Patrick R. McKamey, P.A., we can use the above techniques, and many other approaches for your case. Being arrested and charged with a DUI can be highly emotional, but we’re here to help.
How can I avoid a DUI in the first place?
Avoiding a DUI in the first place starts by acting cool and calm when you’re in the situation itself. Of course, the first tip is to never drink and drive. But, if you have found yourself in a situation where an officer has pulled you over with suspicion that you may be inebriated, consider these tips:
- Stay calm & respectful
- Don’t provide too much information
- Do not take a field sobriety test if you feel at all intoxicated
- Do not opt for a breathalyzer if you have had anything to drink
- Have the right things ready for the officer, such as license and registration
- If you are arrested, don’t panic, our team is here to help you
If you’ve been arrested and charged with a DUI, one of your first steps should be to call our criminal defense law firm in West Palm Beach. Call (561) 370-7424 to get started.